One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for Swahili (sense 1 of the noun)
- ‘Most of the inhabitants speak Bantu languages, and Kiswahili, the national language of Tanzania, is also a lingua franca throughout the region.’
- ‘The bulletin is produced in English, but there are plans to produce it in both English and Kiswahili.’
- ‘The official languages are English and Kiswahili.’
- ‘I interviewed a total of 14 people using both English and Kiswahili.’
- ‘For all trainees the weekly curriculum included classes in English and Kiswahili, music, social and religious education, and traditional crafts.’
From the Bantu prefix ki- (used in names of languages) + Swahili.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.