One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bloodsucking North American assassin bug which can inflict a painful bite on humans and often attacks the face.
- ‘Flying adult kissing bugs are mainly seen during the months of May and June in the greater Tucson area.’
- ‘Like a mosquito, the kissing bug can get a good dinner by preventing the human blood in the vein from clotting.’
- ‘The kissing bug does not pass the parasite to victims through its bite, but through its excrement.’
- ‘Usually the bite from the kissing bug is on the lips, eyelids or ears of sleeping victims and is painless.’
- ‘At night, the kissing bug ventures forth in search of a blood meal, which may be a sleeping pet or human.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.