One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bloodsucking North American assassin bug which can inflict a painful bite on humans and often attacks the face.
- ‘Flying adult kissing bugs are mainly seen during the months of May and June in the greater Tucson area.’
- ‘At night, the kissing bug ventures forth in search of a blood meal, which may be a sleeping pet or human.’
- ‘Usually the bite from the kissing bug is on the lips, eyelids or ears of sleeping victims and is painless.’
- ‘Like a mosquito, the kissing bug can get a good dinner by preventing the human blood in the vein from clotting.’
- ‘The kissing bug does not pass the parasite to victims through its bite, but through its excrement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.