One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A kingpin in a mechanical structure.
- ‘The adjusting disks thereby invariably define a position of the kingbolt with respect to the supporting arms.’
- ‘While Jake was hitting the kingbolts with a screwdriver, the garage owner came by and said to stop doing that, as it was hard on the screwdriver.’
- ‘There were broken axles, broken wheels and fellies, broken kingbolts and run-off rims, to try the patience of the weary travelers who were forced to resort to their own ingenuity in making repairs, being miles away from any possible relief.’
- ‘This caster uses Bestway's patented double ball kingboltless design to eliminate the need for rivets or kingbolts.’
- ‘M.C. Henley patented a truck in which the tension of the cushions could be adjusted by a screw, like the modern day kingbolt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.