One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A brownish cobra with an orange-cream throat patch, native to southern Asia. It is the largest of all venomous snakes.Also called hamadryad
- ‘Likening his unblinking stare to a king cobra on the verge of striking, she notes that Pirabhakaran had ‘gone taut, all ready to spring.’’
- ‘A king cobra's nest was discovered on May 1 near the house of Mogappa, a coffee and cardamom grower, near Kumarahalli Bachahalli in Kodagu.’
- ‘On her tail was a snake-like demon that stood about human-height, with arms stretching nearly to the floor, and a curved, hood of a head, much like that of a king cobra.’
- ‘They soon came to a passageway, and as they marched along the corridor, Miri noticed the large king cobra followed on the heels of the Prophet just as a dog follows its master.’
- ‘‘I think you'd better speak to my husband,’ she said with a cold stare that would have petrified a king cobra.’
king cobra/kiNG ˈkōbrə/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.