One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy which a body possesses by virtue of being in motion.Compare with potential energy
- ‘One way energy is conserved is through the transformation of an object's potential energy into kinetic energy.’
- ‘By lowering the centre of gravity, some potential energy is removed from the system and converted to kinetic energy - the energy of motion.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
- ‘A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.’
kinetic energy/kəˈnedik ˈenərjē/
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.