Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Energy which a body possesses by virtue of being in motion.Compare with potential energy
- ‘One way energy is conserved is through the transformation of an object's potential energy into kinetic energy.’
- ‘A moving particle will carry with it the energy of its motion, which the physicists call kinetic energy.’
- ‘The molecules convert their kinetic energy into potential energy when they rise into the air just like the ball did.’
- ‘By lowering the centre of gravity, some potential energy is removed from the system and converted to kinetic energy - the energy of motion.’
- ‘The energy flow resulting from transforming kinetic energy into potential energy is heat.’
kinetic energy/kəˈnedik ˈenərjē/
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.