One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of art that depends on movement for its effect. The term was coined by artists Naum Gabo (1890–1977) and his brother Antoine Pevsner (1886–1962) in 1920 and is associated with the mobiles of artist Alexander Calder.
- ‘The practice of kinetic art in Latin America is heir to such European movements as Futurism and Constructivism.’
- ‘The goal of materially rendering the energy that animates existence was a crucial motive for several developments in kinetic art.’
- ‘These mostly black-and-white works are widely regarded as key examples of both Op art and kinetic art.’
- ‘For Brett, kinetic art is not just about literal movement; it also has a spiritual, almost mystical dimension.’
- ‘The exhibition provides a broad overview of kinetic art, a movement that seemed fresh and exciting for a decade and then fell off the map of the art world.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.