One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1,000 liters (equivalent to 220 imperial gallons).
- ‘The company expects to increase gasoline sales 4.3 percent to 5.8 million kiloliters and diesel sales by 11 percent to 6.76 million kiloliters, according to the company's annual report distributed to shareholders today.’
- ‘One kilolitre would cost the municipality 78 cents.’
- ‘The building's entire roof is a rainwater collector, feeding two 30,000-gallon (114 - kiloliter) cisterns, which store water used for irrigation via an automatic sprinkler system.’
- ‘Of the energy consumed, 85.7 percent was in the form of electricity (24.36 million kiloliters of crude oil equivalent) and oil products (20.50 million kiloliters of crude oil equivalent).’
- ‘Energy use rose 5.8 percent from a year earlier to the equivalent of 9.83 million kiloliters (61.8 million barrels) of oil in August, the Bureau of Energy said yesterday.’
- ‘For the first 150 in Perth you pay 41.6 cents a kilolitre, and for the ones that you use up to 260 you'd pay 67.4 cents for those ones.’
- ‘They will also be afforded the 50kWh of free electricity and six kilolitres of free water per household per month.’
- ‘Legally, every household is entitled to six free kilolitres of water a month - the equivalent of 30 bathfuls.’
- ‘Recently, an engineering services report tabled before a council meeting indicated that kilolitres of water were lost due to leaking water pipes, especially in the Mdantsane area.’
- ‘The new plant, with a capacity of about 300,000 kilolitres, will make both premium and draught beer for its national brand, Snow, and will raise the company's annual production capacity to about 5.3 million kilolitres.’
- ‘Each household will get six kilolitres of water and 20 kilowatts of electricity free and pay for anything further.’
- ‘It's probably feasible to treat and store water from effluent for well under a dollar a kilolitre.’
- ‘They told a public meeting that 20 million kilolitres of the city's 22 million kilolitre water supply was already allocated.’
- ‘Energy use increased 1.9 percent from a year earlier to the equivalent of 9.52 million kiloliters (59.9 million barrels) of oil in September, the Bureau of Energy said on its Web site.’
- ‘The City provides free each month six kilolitres of water to all households and 50 kilowatts of electricity to those supplied by City Power.’
- ‘You look at the average lot size, some 500 to 600 square metres, it starts to get very challenging fitting a rainwater tank in, particularly when we're looking at rainwater tanks that will be somewhere between 7 to 10 kilolitres in size.’
- ‘The two breweries will boost the annual production capacity of China Resources Breweries in Anhui by about 80 per cent to 630,000 kilolitres.’
- ‘If 50 litres of water per day per person and 20kWh of electricity per month per person were provided to all urban households in Port Elizabeth, 14 million kilolitres of water and 184 million kWh of electricity would be required per annum.’
- ‘Whereas tariffs for electricity and sewerage were to increase by eight percent and refuse removal by nine percent, domestic water usage of between one to five kilolitres only showed an eight percent increase.’
- ‘By way of comparison, he says non-potable water from the town basin in Alice Springs is sold at 10 cents a kilolitre less than the price for potable water.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.