Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A unit of computer memory or data equal to 1,024 (2¹⁰) bits.
- ‘He promised ‘typical’ download speeds of 200 to 300 kilobits per second, with uploading at 64K for the time being.’
- ‘A megabit is 1024 kilobits, and a kilobit is 1024 bits.’
- ‘It offers the lowest entry-level broadband speed on the market, at 300 kilobits per second (kbps).’
- ‘Depending on its complexity, the data might go as low as 500 kilobits and as high as 3 megabits at any point in time.’
- ‘Basic GSM phones send and receive data at a paltry 9.6 kilobits per second (kbps).’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.