(in expressing the lengths of nucleic acid molecules) 1,000 bases.
- ‘Intron lengths are given in kilobases and are not drawn to scale’
- ‘The numbers on the right refer to the positions of molecular length markers in kilobases.’
- ‘The molecular weights in kilobases of the fragments detected are indicated at the left and right.’
- ‘This figure was used to convert subsequent contour measurements from nanometers to kilobases.’
- ‘The virus itself is a spherical enveloped virion, between 80 and 160 nm diameter, and has single stranded RNA of about 30 kilobases, the largest genome of all ssRNA viruses.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.