One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Africanized honeybee.See Africanize (sense 2)
- ‘Fire ants are capable of doing more economic damage than another stinging insect, the Africanized honeybee, also called the killer bee, which spread into the state in 1993.’
- ‘Five people are known to have died from the killer bee strings since 1990.’
- ‘But I can tell you what it feels like to be attacked by a grizzly bear, gored by a bull, bitten by a venomous snake or attacked by African killer bees.’
- ‘Some people are highly allergic to any bee sting, but a single sting from a killer bee will not kill the average person.’
- ‘There's a giant killer bee on my arm and it's neon orange and it's tickling me!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.