A feature, function, or application of a new technology or product that is presented as virtually indispensable or much superior to rival products.
- ‘On the same day, Nintendo will launch Nintendogs - the Tamagochi-like app that's proving to be something of a killer app for the console.’
- ‘E-mail was the killer app of the Internet revolution, and now people dread opening theirs each morning.’
- ‘His entire rant is about how mobile email won't be the killer app for mobile devices.’
- ‘Every platform vendor hopes someone will produce a killer app for its product, driving up sales of the platform technology as more and more people want it for themselves.’
- ‘Adult material could prove the killer app the likes of WAP have been waiting for.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.