A type of highly seasoned Polish sausage, typically containing garlic.
- ‘In a roped-off corner of a San Diego street fair, with the odor of kielbasa and fried onions blooming in the warm mid-September air, about 80 girls sprawl like an occupying army.’
- ‘The remains of my second helping of kielbasa and potato salad sat before me.’
- ‘Light-footed waitresses pace the linoleum floor slinging babka French toast and eggs with kielbasa, and - mostly - plates of pierogi to a mixed crowd of chatty locals and interlopers.’
- ‘We enjoyed every bit of their piggy-ness and now we are reaping the rewards with a freezer full of the very best ham, bacon, sausage, and kielbasa in the world!’
- ‘Later as night falls we light the candles and have a pleasant dinner of pita bread, kielbasa, cheese and a salad, which is more than welcome given the high temperature and humidity.’
Polish, literally sausage.