One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An adult with childish tastes.
- ‘Yes, kidults, because while I don't doubt that these books have their appropriately aged readers, the fact is that what's made them such a publishing sensation are their garnering of much older fans as well.’
- ‘I suspect Ronnie is targeted at the kidult market - that strange hybrid of childish minds inhabiting grown-up bodies.’
- ‘But this movie collapses the distinction, suggesting that all thirtysomething women pine to be tweenie kidults.’
- ‘Today's teenagers are acting older younger, it is the age of the kidult.’
- ‘No, the awful truth is that we have become a nation of kidults: adults who think, and behave, like children.’
1960s: blend of kid and adult.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.