Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Each of the long, fine, convoluted tubules conveying urine from the glomeruli to the renal pelvis in the vertebrate kidney. Water and salts are reabsorbed into the blood along their length.Also called omitted unresolving XREF to "renal tubule", uriniferous tubule
- ‘A usual finding in many specimens is the presence of metaplastic or dysplastic elements at the tumor-kidney interface or near entrapped renal tubules and glomeruli.’
- ‘Only focally did it form an infiltrative border, as evidenced by areas with entrapped renal tubules and glomeruli.’
- ‘Lesions present in the peritubular capillaries, arterioles and renal tubules were recorded.’
- ‘When blood glucose concentration is normal, the glucose which is filtered from the blood in the kidneys is reabsorbed back into the bloodstream by the kidney tubules, and so none is lost in the urine.’
- ‘Differences in nephrotoxic potential are related to increased ability to bind to the brush border membranes of the renal tubule.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.