One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural kiddos, Plural kiddoesinformal
Used as a friendly or slightly condescending form of address.‘you're getting what you deserve, kiddo’
- ‘The man seemed surprised, but he quickly covered it up, ‘I don't blame you, kiddo, it's hard for a young girl to grow up here.’’
- ‘‘And I've missed that wit of yours, too, kiddo,’ she replied.’
- ‘She doesn't know what she's got, she doesn't deserve you, kiddo.’
- ‘For the time being, kiddo, why not relax and enjoy being with someone who's more experienced?’
- ‘‘You had me worried there, kiddo,’ he said, his voice shaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.