One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tax on a child's investment income, which is taxed at the parents' rate under certain conditions.
- ‘The kiddie tax applies regardless of whether the child may be claimed as a dependent by either or both parents.’
- ‘Unearned income within reach of the kiddie tax includes interest, dividends and capital gains.’
- ‘One difference is that the expanded kiddie tax will not apply to your 18-year old if he or she earns more than one-half their own support.’
- ‘The new laws apply the kiddie tax to persons under the age of 19 and also to persons under age 24 who are full-time students.’
- ‘Parents may have set it up so the bulk of this income would be received after the child turned 14, so they'd avoid kiddie taxes under the old rules.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.