One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A metal rod attached to a bicycle or motorcycle, lying horizontally when not in use, that may be kicked into a vertical position to support the vehicle when it is stationary.
- ‘Another one involved me and a bunch of friends sitting around on motorcycles talking about them and flipping our kickstands and stuff.’
- ‘Kaeldra snapped the kickstand aside, uttered a few necessary words and the motorcycle roared to life.’
- ‘Hopping aboard my Zellers-purchased Ridge Racer, flipping the kickstand aloft and drifting out into the Kanata streets en route to work.’
- ‘Gandoff stopped the motorcycle and kicked down the kickstand.’
- ‘He popped his bike on the kickstand, and undid his helmet strap… to reveal curly blond hair, and freckly, soft looking skin.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.