One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in skateboarding) a maneuver in which the board is manipulated by the feet during a jump so that it spins sideways through 360 degrees before landing.
- ‘When I came out, people weren't even really doing kickflips yet.’
- ‘Greg skates well, doing kickflips, tailslides and the like, all smooth with aggression.’
- ‘Will it take away from the feeling of your first kick flip?’
- ‘He can do a couple kickflips, a frontside 180 maybe; he's not that good.’
- ‘I quit skating to race BMX and when I quit, no one I knew could do a kickflip.’
- ‘It got to where that was the only trick I did for a couple months - ollies and kickflips.’
- ‘About an hour later I was on my way to his house warming up with ollies over sewer covers and the odd kickflip.’
- ‘Ask anyone who skates and they will all tell you how hard it is to do a kickflip and land on your front truck.’
- ‘But he's willing to learn new tricks from his son, such as kickflips and other ollie variations - that is, popping the board up in the air.’
- ‘Do people even care about doing a quadruple kickflip?’
- ‘Lots of dudes do kickflips but not many do them like Nate Jones.’
- ‘In the end, Alexis made the kickflip into the bank.’
- ‘Take a trick you like to do and add a kickflip to the start of it and see what happens.’
- ‘When you clear a three foot high wall or land a kickflip on a skateboard, you're hit with an instant and intense jolt of happiness and exhilaration.’
- ‘My front foot is still above the board, positioned across the board to keep it from flipping like a kickflip.’
- ‘They are searching for tips to perfect their ollies and kickflips.’
- ‘Then I had to learn kickflips again a couple years ago.’
- ‘And from now on, the benchmark that all kickflips will be judged against is the one pulled over those ledges.’
- ‘But there was also a time when I lost my kickflip.’
- ‘I guess you deserve to be recognized if you can bust out big kickflips all day long the way Shannon does.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.