A monetary unit of Mauritania, equal to one fifth of an ouguiya.
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, comprises five khoums.’
- ‘The basic unit of currency, the ouguiya, is comprised of five khoums.’
- ‘Khoums are very small value compared to the U.S. dollar.’
- ‘The monetary unit in Mauritania is the ouguiya, which is divided into five khoums.’
- ‘The currency of Mauritania is ougiya, which is is divided into 5 khoums, but these are not in use.’
From Arabic ḵums one fifth.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.