One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of a computer program to record every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
- ‘Did they use keylogging software?’
- ‘Ultimately, it is hard to argue that keylogging software is not a necessary tool for every parent with children who have access to the internet.’
- ‘The eavesdropping charges arose from his use of keylogging software to spy on victims' net activities in 2000.’
- ‘Those wanting to steal account details from a personal computer can purchase an extraordinary range of keylogging devices.’
- ‘The hackers managed to infiltrate the system with sophisticated keylogging software that would have enabled them to track every button pressed on computer keyboards.’
- ‘Keylogging renders encryption moot, as it intercepts everything prior to encryption, as well as the keys used to decrypt things.’
- ‘Once a keylogging program is activated, it provides fraudsters with any strings of text a person might enter online, placing personal data and online account information at risk.’
- ‘A district court judge in California recently held that installing a keylogging device on a personal computer connected to the Internet does not violate the Wiretap Act.’
- ‘He points out that staff can also compromise security by viewing shady sites and accidentally installing keylogging software or viruses.’
- ‘These have full-spectrum spyware capability including keylogging, screenscraping, monitor email and Instant Messaging, web surfing activity, file access and webcam.’
- ‘Keylogging is only possible on unsecure systems.’
- ‘The company's R&amp[.;]D department created an innovative technology, which disables the very processes of information capturing - keylogging, screenshoting, etc.’
- ‘This includes removal of certain advertising components that may gather statistics, as well as detection of various keylogging and other spy utilities.’
- ‘Anti-spyware researchers have uncovered a massive identity theft ring linked to keylogging software.’
- ‘Listening to the news this morning, you'd think the world-at-large had only just discovered keylogging, judging by the new about how Police foil £220m bank robbery.’
- ‘Perhaps the keylogging software looked for password answers to a particular webpage, for a single bank, and only captured those.’
- ‘The Surveillance Devices Act authorises Federal and state police to obtain warrants to plant back doors or keylogging on the PCs of suspects.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.