One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of a computer program to record every keystroke made by a computer user, especially in order to gain fraudulent access to passwords and other confidential information.
- ‘Those wanting to steal account details from a personal computer can purchase an extraordinary range of keylogging devices.’
- ‘A district court judge in California recently held that installing a keylogging device on a personal computer connected to the Internet does not violate the Wiretap Act.’
- ‘Listening to the news this morning, you'd think the world-at-large had only just discovered keylogging, judging by the new about how Police foil £220m bank robbery.’
- ‘The company's R&amp[.;]D department created an innovative technology, which disables the very processes of information capturing - keylogging, screenshoting, etc.’
- ‘He points out that staff can also compromise security by viewing shady sites and accidentally installing keylogging software or viruses.’
- ‘This includes removal of certain advertising components that may gather statistics, as well as detection of various keylogging and other spy utilities.’
- ‘Once a keylogging program is activated, it provides fraudsters with any strings of text a person might enter online, placing personal data and online account information at risk.’
- ‘Anti-spyware researchers have uncovered a massive identity theft ring linked to keylogging software.’
- ‘The hackers managed to infiltrate the system with sophisticated keylogging software that would have enabled them to track every button pressed on computer keyboards.’
- ‘The Surveillance Devices Act authorises Federal and state police to obtain warrants to plant back doors or keylogging on the PCs of suspects.’
- ‘Perhaps the keylogging software looked for password answers to a particular webpage, for a single bank, and only captured those.’
- ‘Did they use keylogging software?’
- ‘These have full-spectrum spyware capability including keylogging, screenscraping, monitor email and Instant Messaging, web surfing activity, file access and webcam.’
- ‘Keylogging is only possible on unsecure systems.’
- ‘The eavesdropping charges arose from his use of keylogging software to spy on victims' net activities in 2000.’
- ‘Keylogging renders encryption moot, as it intercepts everything prior to encryption, as well as the keys used to decrypt things.’
- ‘Ultimately, it is hard to argue that keylogging software is not a necessary tool for every parent with children who have access to the internet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.