Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Another term for USB flash drive.
- ‘Administrators will be able to store configuration settings on a hard disk, directory server, keychain drive or iPod, and then use those settings to set up a number of servers.’
- ‘I now carry 512 MB on my USB keychain drive, which cost 50 bucks.’
- ‘Data is also portable on floppy or USB keychain drives.’
- ‘On the plane, I popped the first keychain drive into the USB Port.’
- ‘Businesses must ensure that the right procedures and technologies are adopted to securely manage the use of portable storage devices like USB keychain drives.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.