One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of several combinations of sharps or flats after the clef at the beginning of each stave, indicating the key of a composition.
- ‘Guidelines for clefs, key signatures, bar-lines, and notes are similarly drawn in.’
- ‘Purcell's first seven pieces introduce various fingering combinations, simple ornaments and key signatures.’
- ‘For example, the given notated B-flat cornet part has a key signature of one sharp.’
- ‘As its minor key signature suggests, it is more disturbed and disturbing than Mozart's opus, and struggle and resignation intermingle among its pages.’
- ‘The student soon realizes that key signatures with the resulting sharps or flats are the consequence of a consistent melodic sequence contained within a scale pattern.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.