One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In her research, rats placed on a ketotic, or low-carbohydrate, diet for three weeks were found to have lower levels of serotonin in their brains.’
- ‘Other ketotic states such as alcoholic and starvation ketosis can also produce a positive urine ketone test without corresponding serum ketones, affecting the specificity of the urine dip test for detecting ketonemia.’
- ‘I was constipated, energy-less, had ketotic breath and was just generally miserable.’
- ‘If I see a cow looking a little ketotic, I give her a bottle of dextrose and a little grain, and that usually takes care of it.’
- ‘My body is telling me I will burn other substrates before I'll burn fat and just the most meagre consumption of carbohydrate will switch off that ketotic response.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.