One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Surgery carried out on the cornea, especially corneal transplantation.
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty is reported to be less invasive than laser surgery.’
- ‘After a noble gesture by a donor he is now back for keratoplasty in the other eye.’
- ‘Ophthalmology has special problems in this regard as corneal penetrating keratoplasty has become one of the most widely performed transplantations.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty uses radio waves to shrink the collagen, a fibrous protein, in the eye - and there's no cutting.’
- ‘For advanced keratoconus when vision is severely affected by scarring, penetrating keratoplasty or full thickness cornea transplant is the most common surgery performed.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.