Surgery carried out on the cornea, especially corneal transplantation.
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty uses radio waves to shrink the collagen, a fibrous protein, in the eye - and there's no cutting.’
- ‘For advanced keratoconus when vision is severely affected by scarring, penetrating keratoplasty or full thickness cornea transplant is the most common surgery performed.’
- ‘After a noble gesture by a donor he is now back for keratoplasty in the other eye.’
- ‘Conductive keratoplasty is reported to be less invasive than laser surgery.’
- ‘Ophthalmology has special problems in this regard as corneal penetrating keratoplasty has become one of the most widely performed transplantations.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.