Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the cornea of the eye.
- ‘Conjunctivitis, keratitis, or chorioretinitis can result in vision loss and blindness.’
- ‘Corneal problems such as keratitis, ulceration, and arc damage are intensely painful, often requiring local anesthetic before the eye can be examined.’
- ‘Ocular disease occurs in 70% of patients, leading to lid retraction, ptosis, keratitis, sclcritis, uveitis, glaucoma, palsy, neuritis, and blindness.’
- ‘Patients with inflammatory eye diseases are at risk for ocular vaccinial diseases, including blepharitis, iritis, and keratitis.’
- ‘Conjunctivitis may be severe and can lead to keratitis and ulceration.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.