One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Containing or made from keratin.
- ‘In addition to the tubules, the epithelial cells may also form nests, cords, single cells, micropapillae, and keratinous cysts.’
- ‘A punch biopsy of an alopecic patch on his scalp showed pigment casts with keratinous debris in the follicles, distortion of the hair shafts, and an increased number of catagen hairs.’
- ‘In both skin and hair care products, the liberated carbon dioxide also functions to facilitate the delivery of active or functional substances to keratinous substrates, such as skin and hair.’
- ‘The wing spurs are keratinous structures that grow anteriorly from the carpal-metacarpal joints.’
- ‘Strictly, the exoskeleton is restricted to keratinous elements such as horns, nails, claws, hairs, feathers, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.