A game of chance similar to lotto, based on the drawing of numbers that must correspond with selected numbers on cards.
- ‘Apparently though, when they crossed the Pacific Ocean they brought over their native customs, such as keno and roulette.’
- ‘Besides a full complement of table games, keno and poker, there are more than 2,300 slot and video gaming machines, including an exclusive high limit slot pavilion.’
- ‘Gaming amenities include over 900 state-of-the-art slot machines, 30 table games, keno and a sports book.’
- ‘All of today's video machines, like video poker, video blackjack, and video keno, operate using the same microprocessor technology and randomized sequencing as slot machines.’
- ‘On average, the house keeps 25 percent of all dollars bet at keno.’
- ‘They promote online casinos, video games and keno, as well as betting.’
- ‘Just use your card while playing slots, table games or keno and swipe your card at any promotions kiosk when you are done playing and you will receive entries into the giveaway.’
- ‘Levy talks about bosomy women, cheating, illegal casinos, phony casino promotions, the false promises pitched to lotto players, premonitions, video poker, keno and roulette.’
- ‘Adding keno, roulette, craps and poker was contrary to the state constitution and state criminal law.’
- ‘Specific games like the slots, bingo, racing and sports betting, table games and keno are included.’
Early 19th century: from French kine, denoting a set of five winning lottery numbers.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.