Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A game of chance similar to lotto, based on the drawing of numbers that must correspond with selected numbers on cards.
- ‘Apparently though, when they crossed the Pacific Ocean they brought over their native customs, such as keno and roulette.’
- ‘Gaming amenities include over 900 state-of-the-art slot machines, 30 table games, keno and a sports book.’
- ‘All of today's video machines, like video poker, video blackjack, and video keno, operate using the same microprocessor technology and randomized sequencing as slot machines.’
- ‘Levy talks about bosomy women, cheating, illegal casinos, phony casino promotions, the false promises pitched to lotto players, premonitions, video poker, keno and roulette.’
- ‘On average, the house keeps 25 percent of all dollars bet at keno.’
- ‘Besides a full complement of table games, keno and poker, there are more than 2,300 slot and video gaming machines, including an exclusive high limit slot pavilion.’
- ‘Adding keno, roulette, craps and poker was contrary to the state constitution and state criminal law.’
- ‘Specific games like the slots, bingo, racing and sports betting, table games and keno are included.’
- ‘Just use your card while playing slots, table games or keno and swipe your card at any promotions kiosk when you are done playing and you will receive entries into the giveaway.’
- ‘They promote online casinos, video games and keno, as well as betting.’
Early 19th century: from French kine, denoting a set of five winning lottery numbers.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.