One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A game of chance similar to lotto, based on the drawing of numbers that must correspond with selected numbers on cards.
- ‘All of today's video machines, like video poker, video blackjack, and video keno, operate using the same microprocessor technology and randomized sequencing as slot machines.’
- ‘Levy talks about bosomy women, cheating, illegal casinos, phony casino promotions, the false promises pitched to lotto players, premonitions, video poker, keno and roulette.’
- ‘Gaming amenities include over 900 state-of-the-art slot machines, 30 table games, keno and a sports book.’
- ‘Just use your card while playing slots, table games or keno and swipe your card at any promotions kiosk when you are done playing and you will receive entries into the giveaway.’
- ‘On average, the house keeps 25 percent of all dollars bet at keno.’
- ‘They promote online casinos, video games and keno, as well as betting.’
- ‘Adding keno, roulette, craps and poker was contrary to the state constitution and state criminal law.’
- ‘Besides a full complement of table games, keno and poker, there are more than 2,300 slot and video gaming machines, including an exclusive high limit slot pavilion.’
- ‘Specific games like the slots, bingo, racing and sports betting, table games and keno are included.’
- ‘Apparently though, when they crossed the Pacific Ocean they brought over their native customs, such as keno and roulette.’
Early 19th century: from French quine, denoting a set of five winning lottery numbers.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.