One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A scale of temperature with absolute zero as zero, and the triple point of water as exactly 273.16 degrees.
- ‘The zero point on the Kelvin scale is known as absolute zero and it is theoretically the coldest temperature achievable.’
- ‘The third law of thermodynamics states that for a perfect crystal at a temperature of absolute zero on the Kelvin scale the entropy value is zero.’
- ‘In fact, to quash all doubts, zero on the Kelvin scale is dubbed absolute zero.’
- ‘On the Kelvin scale, the freezing point of water is 273.15 K and the boiling point is 373.15 K.’
- ‘This scale, known as the Kelvin scale, has the same intervals as the Celsius scale.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.