One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of fish that live among kelp or other marine algae.
- ‘Little blennies popped in and out of holes, and eastern kelpfish and stinky groupers were much in evidence.’
- ‘Kelpfish use their colour and acting skills to blend in with the leaves of kelp.’
- ‘Individual kelpfish can even change colors to match changes in the colors around them.’
- ‘There are four other species of Kelpfish in our seas belonging to the genus Gibbonsia.’
- ‘Most are small fish, measuring as little as 5 cm, but Heterostichus rostratus, or giant kelpfish, can reach 60 cm.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.