One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in Japan) a mobile phone.
- ‘My keitai sure doesn't take this good of pictures, and I am too dumb to think of buying a digital camera.’
- ‘My keitai had picked up the caller's number, but I didn't recognize it - nor was there any voicemail waiting for me.’
- ‘But now, people are walled inside their own little world with their keitai and aren't even aware of what they're doing in public.’
- ‘You take your world with you when you have your keitai in your hand.’
- ‘In order to breach this communication hurdle all they have to do is send off a quick text message on their keitai.’
Japanese, literally ‘portable’, short for keitai denwa ‘mobile phone’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.