(in Japan) a mobile phone.
- ‘My keitai had picked up the caller's number, but I didn't recognize it - nor was there any voicemail waiting for me.’
- ‘My keitai sure doesn't take this good of pictures, and I am too dumb to think of buying a digital camera.’
- ‘In order to breach this communication hurdle all they have to do is send off a quick text message on their keitai.’
- ‘You take your world with you when you have your keitai in your hand.’
- ‘But now, people are walled inside their own little world with their keitai and aren't even aware of what they're doing in public.’
Japanese, literally portable short for keitai denwa cell phone.