One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Do the same thing at the same time every day.
- ‘It appears that my unidentified contact keeps late hours.’
- ‘Mind you, I've not yet seen him - he seems to keep late hours, but has apparently been preparing for a conference in Cyprus that he is now away upon.’
- ‘You share order-in pizza or sandwiches from the all-night deli or you slip our for noodles at the Chinese place that keeps late hours.’
- ‘Dependent on the passing trade, Istanbul is open seven days a week and keeps late hours.’
- ‘I keep late hours and wake early in the morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.