One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Register the score of a game as it proceeds.
- ‘Money is how we keep score, and the game lasts your whole life.’
- ‘Counselors remember that we did not keep score during our staff game of ultimate Frisbee.’
- ‘Take turns to challenge each other to games, and keep score.’
- ‘The game isn't over when you suit up and trot out onto the field; you gotta play the game and keep score, too.’
- ‘From time to time I have read critical comments about the means of keeping score provided in some board games.’
- ‘The variety of techniques used for keeping score in games is extremely diverse.’
- ‘Those people can feel the fine balance between linear and interactive, between rules and freedom, between keeping score and not keeping score.’
- ‘Each parent is involved in the sport - her mother is a competitor's steward and her father referees and keeps score at events.’
- ‘I tend to win more than my fair share of games and so there will sometimes be jokes that I'm only keeping score as a form of self-aggrandizement.’
- ‘Managing a game is not simply blowing the whistle when an infringement occurs and keeping the score and time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.