Dried fish prepared in hard blocks from skipjack tuna and used in Japanese cooking.
- ‘Skim as much katsuobushi as possible from top of pot; remove from heat and strain through colander lined with cheesecloth.’
- ‘Try to remove the katsuobushi while it's still floating on the surface, before it has a chance to sink.’
- ‘Just before the water boils, add the katsuobushi flakes.’
- ‘In a saucepan add a small amount of water, katsuobushi, shiitake mushroom or niboshi (dried sardines).’
- ‘Let the katsuobushi settle to the bottom for 2 minutes.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.