Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The determination of a karyotype, e.g., to detect chromosomal abnormalities.
- ‘Unfortunately, invasive tests required to obtain tissue for fetal karyotyping (chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis) cause loss of the pregnancy in about 1% of cases.’
- ‘Both the cases had no consistent abnormality confirmed by genomic karyotyping.’
- ‘Women's case notes were examined to identify indication for karyotyping, gestation at diagnosis, and outcome of pregnancy.’
- ‘A chromosome number of four was confirmed by cytological karyotyping.’
- ‘These deletions are also found in bronchogenic carcinomas, thus karyotyping does not differentiate mesothelioma from adenocarcinoma of the lung.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.