One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The determination of a karyotype, e.g. to detect chromosomal abnormalities.
- ‘A chromosome number of four was confirmed by cytological karyotyping.’
- ‘Both the cases had no consistent abnormality confirmed by genomic karyotyping.’
- ‘These deletions are also found in bronchogenic carcinomas, thus karyotyping does not differentiate mesothelioma from adenocarcinoma of the lung.’
- ‘Unfortunately, invasive tests required to obtain tissue for fetal karyotyping (chorionic villus sampling, amniocentesis) cause loss of the pregnancy in about 1% of cases.’
- ‘Women's case notes were examined to identify indication for karyotyping, gestation at diagnosis, and outcome of pregnancy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.