The number and visual appearance of the chromosomes in the cell nuclei of an organism or species.
- ‘This method seems to be applicable, but it is very time consuming and will be subject to difficulties in species with karyotypes that include chromosomes of very different size.’
- ‘The distribution of acrocentric chromosomes among the karyotypes of species in each branch is shown.’
- ‘This SC karyotype is very similar to karyotypes developed from pachytene chromosome squashes.’
- ‘In addition to markers from the linkage map, we also probed karyotypes with ribosomal RNA gene sequences and 4 of the 12 ungrouped markers.’
- ‘After therapy or with disease progression, karyotypes often vary from karyotypes at diagnosis.’