Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The number and visual appearance of the chromosomes in the cell nuclei of an organism or species.
- ‘This method seems to be applicable, but it is very time consuming and will be subject to difficulties in species with karyotypes that include chromosomes of very different size.’
- ‘The distribution of acrocentric chromosomes among the karyotypes of species in each branch is shown.’
- ‘This SC karyotype is very similar to karyotypes developed from pachytene chromosome squashes.’
- ‘In addition to markers from the linkage map, we also probed karyotypes with ribosomal RNA gene sequences and 4 of the 12 ungrouped markers.’
- ‘After therapy or with disease progression, karyotypes often vary from karyotypes at diagnosis.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.