One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The number and visual appearance of the chromosomes in the cell nuclei of an organism or species.
- ‘In addition to markers from the linkage map, we also probed karyotypes with ribosomal RNA gene sequences and 4 of the 12 ungrouped markers.’
- ‘After therapy or with disease progression, karyotypes often vary from karyotypes at diagnosis.’
- ‘This SC karyotype is very similar to karyotypes developed from pachytene chromosome squashes.’
- ‘This method seems to be applicable, but it is very time consuming and will be subject to difficulties in species with karyotypes that include chromosomes of very different size.’
- ‘The distribution of acrocentric chromosomes among the karyotypes of species in each branch is shown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.