One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small unsprung racing vehicle typically having four wheels and consisting of a tubular frame with a rear-mounted engine.
- ‘Here's a breakdown of a kart race: karts line up in order of how they did in a qualifying round, and they tend to finish in almost exactly that same order, since it's almost impossible to pass.’
- ‘Most of my races are over in 10 or 20 minutes in karts or formula cars.’
- ‘It covers, and/or provides links to, virtually every type of racing, from bikes to karts to Indy cars, at every level in every country.’
- ‘Brandon was a late bloomer in motorsport, starting in karts in his late teens.’
- ‘When his father found an abandoned moped half-submerged in a nearby lake, retrieved the engine and then rebuilt and fitted it into the pedal kart, Michael Schumacher had his first engine to play with.’
1950s: shortening of go-kart.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.