Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Strike sharply with the side of the hand.‘she probably knows how to karate-chop a gun out of a man's hand’
- ‘And the knife came down towards my head, and doing the only thing I could think of, I took my right hand and doing a little karate-chop move, the knife and his hand slid right past me and my shoulder, missing me!’
- ‘But don't worry, Mi Ling and Cleopatra Jones take care of business in the explosive karate-chop shoot-out action finale.’
- ‘All at once, Alex's flat hand had made one swift karate-chop to the side of the man's face, rendering him unconscious in seconds.’
- ‘Ayane's arm snapped out in a karate-chop that slammed into the side of Tamiya's nose.’
- ‘The two-plane swing also produces great distance; the karate-chop motion of the arms is a powerful lever.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.