One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or consistent with the works of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant.‘a sophisticated Kantian account of praise and blame’
- ‘The first important school of thought to arise out of Kantian philosophy was the subjective idealism of Fichte, Schelling, and Hegel.’
- ‘Kantian moral philosophers will find much to disagree with, but the book raises important puzzles for Kantian moral theory.’
- ‘Freud struggled to reconcile his notion of unconscious time with his Kantian and Newtonian view of the psyche.’
- ‘It's an idea that has to do with language being actual, being temporal and spatial, to be Kantian about it.’
- ‘The Kantian concern with the beautiful was eclipsed by his notion of the sublime.’
- ‘But he doesn't spell out his theory in dull, prosaic, Kantian or Cartesian fashion.’
A person who supports the works of the German philosopher Immanuel Kant.‘he considered himself at this time to be a Kantian’
- ‘I am a new Kantian in regards to my epistemology.’
- ‘They had already inherited those problems in their traditional forms along with the basic philosophical stances of the Kantians, Hegelians, and positivists.’
- ‘Other developments in mathematics also proved problematic for Kantians.’
- ‘An ardent Kantian, Muller believed that he had found the physiological equivalent of Kant's categories of thought.’
- ‘Modern Kantians usually concede that Kant was too optimistic about our ability always to see the right thing to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.