One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the US state of Kansas or its inhabitants.‘he was born to a Kansan mother’
- ‘The award recognizes those who embrace values they consider typically Kansan - hard work, self-reliance, entrepreneurship, friendliness, honesty, integrity, and compassion.’
- ‘The Kansas Supreme Court intervened, since Kansan children have their opportunity for equally-financed education protected by the Kansas constitution.’
- ‘The Kansan native, the longest-serving Republican leader in the Senate, has seen a dramatic change in those serving and their goals.’
- ‘Kansan drillers are currently engaged in trying to identify the hot spots where drilling can produce oil and gas in abundance.’
- ‘But as the bus travelled across the open plains it was difficult not to notice a new phenomenon in Kansan energy: wind turbines.’
A native or inhabitant of the US state of Kansas.‘he's a fellow Kansan’
- ‘Kansans are stocking up on supplies in anticipation of the winter storm.’
- ‘And who better to help share its history than resident historian and fifth-generation Kansan, Deborah Barker?’
- ‘They are loyal and hardworking Kansans who deserve to be protected from discrimination as much as anyone else.’
- ‘Our polling shows a consistent, high level of support for renewable energy among all Kansans.’
- ‘The 7-foot Kansan played with abundant energy and had 16 points and 13 rebounds.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.