1A North American people of eastern Kansas.
- ‘The earliest recorded notice of the Kansa is by Juan de Oflate, who went from San Gabriel, New Mexico, in 1601.’
- ‘The Kansa were moved onto a reservation on the Indian Territory in June 1873.’
- 1.1 The language of the Kansa.Also called Kaw
- ‘Kansa, also known as Kanza or Kaw, was a Siouan language of the Great Plains.’
- ‘Although there are no native speakers of Kansa any more, some young people are working to learn their ancient language again.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.