One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Dravidian language related to Telugu and using a similar script. It is spoken by about 24 million people, mainly in Kanara and Karnataka in southwestern India.Also called Kanarese
- ‘I have been doing films in Hindi, English, Malayalam, Telugu, Tamil and Kannada.’
- ‘Although Dilip is not able to speak in Kannada, he can read and write in the language well enough.’
- ‘Gondi belongs to the Dravidian family of languages and is related to Tamil and Kannada.’
- ‘Among Indian readers, the largest number of responses came from readers whose first languages were Tamil, Malayalam, Telugu or Kannada.’
- ‘Anand sings bhajans and other devotional songs in Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam and Hindi.’
- ‘Telugu and Kannada had several similarities and their scripts were almost the same, but for some minor differences.’
- ‘She is fluent in Malayalam, Kannada, Telugu and Hindi, apart from Tamil and English.’
- ‘Currently it provides word processing in Hindi and Kannada; other Indian languages are being added.’
- ‘The same is also true of Kannada, a sister Dravidian language, and to some extent of Arabic.’
- ‘The main languages of the South are: Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Tulu and Malayalam.’
Relating to Kannada and its speakers.
- ‘Mr. Banwasi describes his grandfather as a freedom fighter and a ‘living legend of Kannada folklore.’’
- ‘Here it was Ravi Belegere of ‘Hai Bangalore’, a Kannada tabloid, who offered him an opportunity to draw illustrations.’
- ‘Shivaraj Kumar, eldest son of the Kannada thespian, Rajkumar, took to acting soon after he completed his B. Sc. from Madras University.’
- ‘The ‘big’ cinemas in Majestic, over which the resurgent Kannada film industry fought relentless battles, remained.’
- ‘These were some of the examples quoted by speakers during a debate on marital relations on a Kannada channel on Wednesday on the occasion of Ugadi.’
The name in Kannada.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.