Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An Australian plant that has long straplike leaves and tubular flowers with woolly outer surfaces.
- ‘Ornamental trees and shrubs in shades of burgundy, plum, rust, gold, and celery green are backdrops for shapely succulents, phormiums, and kangaroo paws.’
- ‘In the front yard, purple hop bush and kangaroo paw reflect the rusty colors of the home.’
- ‘Geraldton shoppers have been treated to a wildflower extravaganza, with banksias and kangaroo paws covering the centre mall area.’
- ‘Agapanthus, daylilies, kangaroo paws, lemon grass and red hot pokers are in this category.’
- ‘There are a whole range of different coloured kangaroo paw in front of us, but what's the idea behind this nursery?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.