One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A land measure used in Pakistan, standardized under British rule to equal one-eighth acre.‘seventeen kanals of agricultural land’
- ‘One such place is Kanitar, where six to seven kanals of land if acquired and subsequently dredged will pave the way for water from Wayil to reach Dal.’
- ‘According to Mr Harbans Singh Riar, in charge of the economic offences wing, Khanna, 7 kanal at Chotta Samrala was attached to the Excise Department in 1980-81.’
- ‘There was a dispute between two groups of the village over six kanal of land.’
- ‘A park is also being laid over 60 kanals in the periphery, fencing of which is fast being completed.’
- ‘Besides, the state government envisages acquiring 100 kanals of land in each district headquarter to construct safe zones for the migrants who intend to come back and settle in the valley.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.