One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A land measure used in Pakistan, standardized under British rule to equal one-eighth acre.‘seventeen kanals of agricultural land’
- ‘One such place is Kanitar, where six to seven kanals of land if acquired and subsequently dredged will pave the way for water from Wayil to reach Dal.’
- ‘There was a dispute between two groups of the village over six kanal of land.’
- ‘Besides, the state government envisages acquiring 100 kanals of land in each district headquarter to construct safe zones for the migrants who intend to come back and settle in the valley.’
- ‘A park is also being laid over 60 kanals in the periphery, fencing of which is fast being completed.’
- ‘According to Mr Harbans Singh Riar, in charge of the economic offences wing, Khanna, 7 kanal at Chotta Samrala was attached to the Excise Department in 1980-81.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.