One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A divine being in the Shinto religion.
- ‘Jujutsu can trace its origins back to the ancient age of the kami and time immemorial as a unique Japanese martial art.’
- ‘I practice daily praying to the kami that nothing will go wrong.’
- ‘Because of the concept of kami, Shinto at once affects the way tea is served, the way a package is wrapped, the way a war is fought, and the way an emperor is crowned.’
- ‘When Buddhism came to Japan, one of the leading questions that caused concern was: how would the native kami respond to the importation of foreign deities?’
- ‘The kami can be likened to nature spirits, and Shinto shrines are usually found in areas of natural beauty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.