One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Korean pop music.‘the band has a style that mixes European music and K-pop’as modifier ‘K-pop fans’
- ‘The ethnic fusion sound of Second Moon, a newly formed world music band, has surprised those who have sought anything but K-pop and hard techno in Korea.’
- ‘It could be the dapper K-pop starlet with her entourage, ostensibly here to rough it a bit for the hovering cameras.’
- ‘Or if you fancy something totally different, Koreana (behind Kendals) is a sweet family run place with authentic Korean cuisine - even down to the beer and the K-pop on the stereo.’
- ‘On a Saturday and Sunday afternoon it's a veritable crazy house with kids running around, older fellas playing video games and every computer spewing K-pop at levels that even a Metallica concert-goer would be comfortable at.’
- ‘In tents along the riverbank, K-pop - South Korean pop music - blares from loudspeakers for a hip-hop dance contest.’
- ‘It tends to be repetitive as well, especially with the '80s inspired light K-pop soundtrack.’
- ‘A teenage K-pop diva named BoA, who went to Japan in 2001 with an album called "Jumping in the World", has since sold more than 5 million albums.’
- ‘They have mastered the K-pop technique of incongruous, chopped-up, random-sounding English choruses.’
- ‘Enthusiasm for what is known as "K-pop" has boomed since it was announced that the soccer World Cup would be co-hosted for the first time in the tournament's history.’
- ‘The Korean Wave may have subsided some but that hasn't kept K-pop superstar Rain from working on cementing international stardom.’
- ‘Make sure that tinny speakers howl out 24/7 the cookie-cutter '80s K-pop that gets the housewives a-rockin'.’
- ‘South Korean entertainment products, such as popular music known as K-Pop, have been one of the country's fastest growing exports, winning fans throughout Asia, including Japan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.