Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Korean pop music.‘the band has a style that mixes European music and K-pop’[as modifier] ‘K-pop fans’
- ‘Enthusiasm for what is known as "K-pop" has boomed since it was announced that the soccer World Cup would be co-hosted for the first time in the tournament's history.’
- ‘In tents along the riverbank, K-pop - South Korean pop music - blares from loudspeakers for a hip-hop dance contest.’
- ‘Make sure that tinny speakers howl out 24/7 the cookie-cutter '80s K-pop that gets the housewives a-rockin'.’
- ‘South Korean entertainment products, such as popular music known as K-Pop, have been one of the country's fastest growing exports, winning fans throughout Asia, including Japan.’
- ‘It tends to be repetitive as well, especially with the '80s inspired light K-pop soundtrack.’
- ‘Or if you fancy something totally different, Koreana (behind Kendals) is a sweet family run place with authentic Korean cuisine - even down to the beer and the K-pop on the stereo.’
- ‘On a Saturday and Sunday afternoon it's a veritable crazy house with kids running around, older fellas playing video games and every computer spewing K-pop at levels that even a Metallica concert-goer would be comfortable at.’
- ‘A teenage K-pop diva named BoA, who went to Japan in 2001 with an album called "Jumping in the World", has since sold more than 5 million albums.’
- ‘They have mastered the K-pop technique of incongruous, chopped-up, random-sounding English choruses.’
- ‘The ethnic fusion sound of Second Moon, a newly formed world music band, has surprised those who have sought anything but K-pop and hard techno in Korea.’
- ‘The Korean Wave may have subsided some but that hasn't kept K-pop superstar Rain from working on cementing international stardom.’
- ‘It could be the dapper K-pop starlet with her entourage, ostensibly here to rough it a bit for the hovering cameras.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.