One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The fact of two things being seen or placed close together with contrasting effect.‘the juxtaposition of these two images’
comparison, contrastView synonyms
- ‘Such are the juxtapositions of this holiday season.’
- ‘A kind of levelling has taken place, in which works co-exist in democratic if sometimes odd juxtapositions.’
- ‘Note the coincidental juxtaposition of these two Summer-themed songs.’
- ‘Another interesting thread is the juxtaposition of traditional and contemporary practice.’
- ‘The magazine had a history of such juxtapositions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.