Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Any of a number of hormones regulating larval development in insects and inhibiting metamorphosis.
- ‘Methyl farnesoate is a sesquiterpene that is related to the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘The mode of action of methoprene is to directly interfere with normal hormone function by mimicking the insect juvenile hormone.’
- ‘Oogenesis in Drosophila is regulated by the steroid hormone ecdysone and the sesquiterpenoid juvenile hormone.’
- ‘Methoprene is a pesticide that acts as a juvenile hormone agonist.’
- ‘With insufficient juvenile hormone, horn growth never starts.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.