One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A school for children aged between about 7 and 11.
- ‘Others have a different structure - there are, for example, senior schools, junior schools and preparatory schools.’
- ‘Neighbouring St Peter's School said it would house its junior school there.’
- ‘A headteacher is stepping down as her infant school joins forces with a neighbouring junior school.’
- ‘One junior school advised teachers: ‘when taking children on an outing think how you appear to the public’.’
- ‘One of my schoolmates has a little sister studying in an Australian junior school.’
- ‘The old school is empty since pupils amalgamated with the junior school.’
- ‘Linked to the secondary school is St Katherine's - a 70 pupil junior school - and a sixth form college.’
- ‘Some 1,200 teaching and non-teaching staff work in 88 secondary schools and composite junior schools.’
- ‘He said the school's first option was its feeder junior school and then it considered pupils from other schools if there was space.’
- ‘Teachers at the junior school were said to be hardworking with every year group receiving good teaching.’
- ‘In public sector junior schools, there are 18 children per teacher in Scotland - compared with 23.3 per teacher in London.’
- ‘It is starting in junior schools with a view to going into secondary schools within the year.’
- ‘Our aim is for every pupil in a junior school to go through this scheme.’
- ‘I went to a junior school on Every Street in Nelson and I loved it.’
- ‘Some preparatory or junior schools also offer scholarships, but awards for children under the age of seven are rare.’
- ‘In 2000, when Flanagan was eleven, the local state high school expanded to include a middle school and a junior school.’
- ‘The second phase of the project will have a junior school, residential court, dining hall and kitchens.’
- ‘Berkeley Primary School was founded in 1930, originally as separate infant and junior schools.’
- ‘When my sister taught at a junior school they celebrated all the religious festivals.’
- ‘At the moment it is restricted to junior schools and the first year of high school.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.