One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mouselike rodent that has long back feet and typically moves in short hops, found in North America and China.
- ‘Deer mice and jumping mice were frequently found at both Blacktail and Crystal.’
- ‘Adding one new twist to the tale, researchers at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science also announced on December 18 that the Preble's jumping mouse might not be a distinct subspecies.’
- ‘He chided his friend: ‘I am afraid the broad shadows of the Elk, Buffalo, and big-horn hid all the little marmots, squirrels, jumping mice, rats and shrews.’’
- ‘Zapus sandersi is the common jumping mouse through much of the Blancan in Kansas.’
- ‘Woodland jumping mice, the raccoon, and the black bear were photographed only at the shrub treatment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.