One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of thick electric cables fitted with clips at either end, used for starting a vehicle by connecting its dead battery to the battery of another vehicle.British term jump lead
- ‘These include a spare tire, jack, chains (that fit), jumper cables, road flares, some repair tools, and an ice scraper.’
- ‘I went to my father's trusty red truck and pulled out the jumper cables and got to work.’
- ‘I placed a flashlight, fire extinguisher, flares, jumper cables, and a small first aid kit in my trunk.’
- ‘You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.’
- ‘Check that your car has safety equipment such as a first aid kit, flashlight, jumper cables, etc.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.