One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Each of a pair of thick electric cables fitted with clips at either end, used for starting a vehicle by connecting its dead battery to the battery of another vehicle.British term jump lead
- ‘Check that your car has safety equipment such as a first aid kit, flashlight, jumper cables, etc.’
- ‘I went to my father's trusty red truck and pulled out the jumper cables and got to work.’
- ‘These include a spare tire, jack, chains (that fit), jumper cables, road flares, some repair tools, and an ice scraper.’
- ‘I placed a flashlight, fire extinguisher, flares, jumper cables, and a small first aid kit in my trunk.’
- ‘You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.